Track Profile – bestbet Jacksonville

bestbet – Jacksonville

455 Park Ave.
Orange Park, FL 32225

Opened – March, 1946

One of the more competitive greyhound tracks in the country, Jacksonville has been racing for over 70 years in North FLA. Millions of fans throughout the years have been treated to the exciting action that this track brings each season.

Schedule For Live Racing

12 month season schedule starting in January:

Monday’s – Evening Racing Post Time 7:45 pm EST

Wednesday’s – Matinee Racing 12:35 pm EST, Evening Racing 7:45 pm EST

Thursday’s – Evening Racing Post Time 7:45 pm EST

Friday’s – Evening Racing 7:45 pm EST Evening Racing

Saturday’s – Matinee Racing 12:35 pm EST , Evening Racing 7:45 pm EST

Sunday’s – Matinee Racing  1:30 pm EST

Distances Run – Orange Park Oval

330 Yards – Super Sprint

550 Yards – Sprint

660 Yards – Middle Distance

770 Yards – Marathon

POOLS OFFERED Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Quinella, Trifecta, Superfecta,
Daily Double, Pick 4, Twin-Trifecta, Trifecta-Superfecta

Track Records 

330 Yards:  Cm’s Grayson – 17.98 secs (2018)

550 Yards: Real Good Feelin – 29.95 secs (2017)

660 Yards: Hobby Helper – 36.73 secs (1989)

~ Hobby Helper at one time held three track record at the same time over 660 yards.

770 Yards: Pat C Galaxy – 42.95 secs (2017)

Career Wins Leaders

Leo’s Midas – 103 Wins

My Problem – 103 Wins

Real Good Feelin – 98 Wins

Burt Road – 86 Wins

Major Stakes Finals

Orange Park Derby – February

James J Patton Silver Cup – March

Ironhound Stakes – April

bestbet Puppy Stakes – June

bestbet Sprint Classic – August

bestbet Derby – November

Here’s a recent stakes Silver Cup Final won by WW WhatsApp:

Longest Winning Streak

Flying FacePaint – 16 wins in a row (October 2014 – January 2015)

Adoption

Jacksonville has one of the best adoption programs in the country.  It is fully funded by the racetrack and the kennels that run here.

Adoption rates for greyhounds nationally are over 95% after racing, with the other 5% going back to the farms or owners.

More info can be found at www.greyhoundpetsjax.org

Announcing

Joe “The Boss” Ross has been the main caller for Jacksonville for the last ten years.  If there’s a big stakes race or a high profile greyhound running that day, you can bet that Joe is on the call.

Frank Ashman is the backup announcer and does a stellar job in the booth as well.

Par Times

A 550 –  30.54  A 660 – 37.45 127 A –  770 – 43.70
B 550 – 30.73  B 660 – 37.67  B 770 – 43.78
C 550 –  30.85  C 660 – 37.85  C 770 – 43.96
D 550 – 30.96  D 660 – 37.87  D 770  – 44.10
M 550 – 31.11

Interesting Facts

~Surface is a tad bit rail biased and the edges are known to run the best.

~There is a gap between the 4 and 5 holes in the starting box.  This makes for better breaking positions for those greyhounds.

~Former name includes St Johns Greyhound Park.

~Very even racetrack.  Early speed and off the pace running can win here.

~Consistently the highest paying year round greyhound track in Florida.  Payouts average out to around $65 a point.

Special thanks to Kelly Clarke at Jacksonville for all your help with this article!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *